I was tagged for this lovely honor by Bumbi’s Mom ….thank you, thank you, thank you! This is my first Blogging acknowledgment, at least for blogging about autism parenting, and it means a lot to me.
So here are my responses to your questions:
- Why do you blog? Bumbi’s Mom, you are about the age of My Kiddo. This is exactly what I had hoped my Autism Cuppa Blog would accomplish..helping the next generation of Special Needs Parents feel they are not alone and someone has already been through (and have felt) what you are going through. And giving you hope you can get to the other side in one piece!
What do you love about blogging? I love reaching out and sharing my experiences. It’s helpful to me too, to remember where I’ve come from and how far we have come as a family.
What did you eat last? Chicken Cordon Bleu, french fries and a small salad….pretty awful, I know, but I had some in the freezer and it seemed like a good idea!
What is your favorite movie? Do I have to choose only one? If I had to choose, it would be “Some Like it Hot” or “Much Ado About Nothing” or maybe “Hannah and Her Sisters.” I’m fairly eclectic in my movie tastes but….almost any MGM musical…even the BAD ones! And I like screwball comedies… Lucille Ball is my hero! But no action movies. Ever. And nothing with Will Ferrell where we see his underwear!
Tacos or burritos? Tacos, but NOT Fish Tacos and NOT Tongue Tacos which are pretty popular around here (and pretty gross IMHO).
- Last concert you went to? Ahem…..I am trying to maintain a bit of anonymity here around the blogasphere BUT I have to admit I am a classical musician (a conductor) and would have to ask you…do you mean attending or playing ? Yeah, it all comes out!
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell us more about them, please. No pets…as my Hubby would say, “no pets, just kids!”
- Favorite phone app? Accuweather…hey, I live in the Midwest…..it’s in the 60s today but we had a big snow storm last week.
- What is the weather like today where you live? See above!
- What is your favorite time of day? I think it depends on the day. Some days, the mornings are my favorite…when I can ease into them, with coffee and the paper and some time to enjoy them. Other times, a bright afternoon is my favorite time of day or early evening or supper time, when my husband and sons are happy and my day has been easy and we gather ’round the kitchen table. But some days, I can’t wait to get to bed, to read or just collect myself and hope tomorrow will be better…you know the kinds of days I mean!
I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to come up with seven nominees of my own, but I certainly was able to, and easily. All are Bloggers I follow and all have a family member who has autism. One is an older Mom, as am I……I love to see her perspective and read her blogs. Several have very young children, three and four and five years old. Several have middle school age children and one is the sister of an autistic young adult man. I decided to stick with the Autism theme this time . Some of these folks I have had some contact with…either I have commented on something they have written or they have commented on something I have written. One or two, I’ve just followed and admired….don’t think I’m weird!
So here are my seven nominees:
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
Answer the 10 questions given to you
Nominate seven bloggers for the award
Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
Display the award on your blog or post
And here are your ten questions, Folks. Take your time answering…there’s no rush!
- Why do you blog?
- What was the name of first blog you ever read and what was it about ? Or it can be the first blog you remember reading!
- With autism in your life, how do you make time to blog?
- What do you do, in real life, that has nothing to do with blogging or autism?
- Ice cream sundae or milk shake?
- When was the last time you asked your mother for advice and what did she tell you?
- If you could spend a whole day any way you wanted, what would you do?
- For a vacation…the beach or the mountains?
- When was the last time you “slept in?”
- Do you think you are a better person now than you were ten years ago?